Thursday, January 19, 2012

Introductory Page

Hello fellow readers and bloggers, I am Page Carpenter! Throughout the semester I will be analyzing Yellowstone National Park as a physical geographer. Yellowstone National Park covers more than two million acres! With such a vast terrain I will be focusing on Yellowstone's Caldera as my chosen site.

Morning Glory Pool, Hot Spring in Upper Geyser Basin of Yellowstone

There are two main reasons why I chose Yellowstone: the unique geological and zoological aspect of Yellowstone and it is the first national park in the world. By choosing an icon of treasured landscapes I will research the fine details about Yellowstone's forms and processes to expand the existing knowledge of the park. My family and I explored the wonders of Yellowstone for the first time last summer. With the aid of this blog my next adventure in Yellowstone will be more insightful and enriching!


Yellowstone Caldera is outlined in black dashed lines.
Source: www.nps.gov/yell/


Background image source: http://www.wallcoo.net/nature/2009_Landscape_1680_Desktop_03/wallpapers
/1680x1050/Yellowstone%20River%20at%20Sunrise%20Yellowstone%20National%20Park%20Wyoming.html

No comments:

Post a Comment